Friday 24 August 2012

Braid Nail Art

I've been so busy this past week and I haven't had time to do a new manicure, so I thought I would do a tutorial on a past manicure I did - the braid mani. This design is so popular right now and it is really easy to do too.


You can customize it with any colours you want too and even do every line a different colour. For mine I chose three colours so it will look like a traditional braid.

What you will need:

  • base coat and top coat
  • three colours for the design (I chose O.P.I. Alpine Snow, China Glaze Shocking Pink and Purple Panic)
  • q-tips and polish remover to clean around the nail

Step 1:

After applying base coat, paint all your nails the first colour of the three you chose (in my case white). After the white has dried take the next colour(pink) and paint a diagonal line starting at one corner of the nail. I find it helps to rest my hand on the table and rotate the nail being painted to get the straightest line possible. Paint a line on all your nails in the same spot and allow to dry.


Step 2:

Take the last colour(purple) and draw another diagonal line on the opposite side of the one you just did, making an X. This will leave a small triangle at the top of the nail. Allow this line to dry as well and then using the first colour(white) start another diagonal nail below the first line you did and overlapping the bottom of the other lines. Continuing drawing lines all the way down your nail, alternating the colours (white, then pink, then purple) and sides as you go until you reach the bottom of your nail. 


Step 3:

Once you have painted your nail all the way to the bottom, use some q-tips soaked with polish remover to take off any polish that you may got on your skin around the nails. Allow your polish to dry completely before putting on top coat to avoid any smudging and you are done!


Have fun trying this design on yourself. It was very easy to do and the design is so unique looking I guarantee you will get tons of compliments :)

2 comments:

  1. this is so cool! thanks for makin this blog for artistically challenged people like me

    ReplyDelete